Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the core values in their day to day operations. Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Business Development Associate is responsible for working with Finance, Business Development, and Program teams to develop proposal budgets and track pricing trends. This position requires excellent attention to detail and ability to learn IRI’s cost allocation and allowability under various donor regulations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
• One to three years’ experience working with grant budgets, with strong preference for experience with international development projects. Experience working with business development, grant management, or accounting teams preferred;
• Ability to work well as a member of a team while also working effectively independently with minimal supervision;
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, particularly in budget development and formula utilization. Highly proficient in all MS Office suite;
• Flexibility to assume a workload that frequently necessitates an adjustment of priorities;
• Excellent organization skills, with the ability to multi-task, and ability to work under time pressures;
• Introductory knowledge of or ability to quickly learn applicable federal government circulars (2 CFR 200).
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Excellent ability to be detail-oriented and highly organized.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
• Provides assistance to IRI’s Business Development team on any aspect of preparing a cost application, including serving if necessary, as a cost preparer for specific proposal budgets;
• Assists the proposal development process by coordinating with proposal teams to ensure teams remain on time, reporting to Senior Costs Specialists and reporting out any delays of both the budget and budget narrative;
• Assists the Business Development team in building and updating budget and budget narrative templates and uploading all cost related materials to proposal folders;
• Assists with projecting and tracking proposal expenses, and ensuring relevant documents are updated and communicating estimates and proposal billing codes to proposal teams;
• Generates Business Development spending reports to assist IRI in its monitoring of overhead funds spent on proposals;
• After budget approval, assists the Finance and Business Development teams to convert IRI financial reporting and tracking documents into special donor templates as necessary;
• Contributes to longer-term market research and trends analysis;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Please apply via our website:
Join our community of globetrotters now, to access all Careers for Globetrotters content and resources.