American Bar Association, ROLI
REPORTS TO: Country Director, MENA
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 40 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 400 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
ABA ROLI seeks two legal writing experts to develop curriculum and lead a one-week course on the topic for law students in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
· Develop curricula for training law students on legal writing.
· Lead in-person training sessions in Saudi Arabia.
· Training should cover different types of legal drafting, including contracts, memos, motions, and corporate policies and procedures, as well as case studies and analyses
· Masters’ degree, or Juris Doctorate degree (or equivalent) from an ABA- accredited law school (or equivalent).
· Working knowledge of MENA region and/or experience working in politically sensitive contexts is highly desirable.
· Fluency in English (knowledge of Arabic is a plus).
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Availability to travel to Saudi Arabia for up to one week in January 2020.
This legal specialist position is on a pro-bono basis. A support package is provided which covers all travel costs and business expenses.
Join our community of globetrotters now, to access all Careers for Globetrotters content and resources.